The iFuse Implant System®
The iFuse Implant System consists of cannulated triangular, titanium (Ti 6Al4V ELI) implants with a porous surface and an instrument system. Implant surface and shape are designed to prevent rotation and motion of the sacroiliac (SI) joint. The instrument system uses guide pins for accurate placement.
Designed Specifically for Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
The iFuse Implant System is intended for sacroiliac fusion for the following conditions:
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction that is a direct result of sacroiliac joint disruption and degenerative sacroiliitis. This includes conditions whose symptoms began during pregnancy and have persisted postpartum for more than 6 months.
- To augment immobilization and stabilization of the sacroiliac joint in skeletally mature patients undergoing sacropelvic fixation as part of a lumbar or thoracolumbar fusion.
- Acute, non-acute, and non-traumatic fractures involving the sacroiliac joint.
With the iFuse Implant System, there is no need for:
- Preparation of the joint prior to implant
- BMP or autologous bone graft
- Additional pedicle screws and rods
- Hollow modular anchorage screws
- Cannulated compression screws
- Threaded cages within the joint
- Fracture fixation screws
There are potential risks associated with the iFuse Implant System. It may not be appropriate for all patients and not all patients may benefit. For full prescribing information, including indications, contraindications, risk and safety information, please click here.
Surgical Implants Stabilize the SI Joint
Designed to stabilize and fuse the SI joint, SI-BONE has developed a minimally invasive surgical (MIS), innovative, patented, sacroiliac implant system for sacroiliac (SI) joint conditions including disruption and degenerative sacroiliitis.
The iFuse Implant System® consists of titanium implants and associated surgical instruments.
The iFuse Implant, available since 2009, is made of titanium and has a porous, titanium plasma spray (TPS) coating. TPS technology has been used for decades in other medical applications such as orthopedics and dentistry. Peer-reviewed articles demonstrate safety and effectiveness of the iFuse Implant.
iFuse Ordering Information
United States Part Numbers for iFuse Implant System
European Union Part Numbers for iFuse Implant System